Wednesday 2 March 2016

100WC Week #9 By: Soccer Lover

The Definition of Superhero

Writing assignment: Who is your Superhero?

Soaring through the sky? Saving the planet? Does that sound like a superhero to you? Well my 'superhero' is a little different. She scares off the monsters under my bed. My 'superhero' is my grandma. She has one amputated leg, and my grandpa passed away years ago. 

As an independent woman, she's strong when times are tough. She has taught me that it's better to persevere and push through it, then sulk and feel sorry for yourself.

"That's my journal entry." I said nervously. And to my surprise the class erupted into applause.

3 comments:

  1. Very original! I thought it was good. I imagine 'Soaring through the sky, weaving between building' as a sight not a sound. But other than that good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story! Just one thing, and I think you should change the then at the end to a than. In the last sentence, I don't really think you need the and.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An original idea for this weeks prompt. I love the line "She scares off the monsters under my bed." I would have like to hear more about the things Grandma does that makes you think she is a superhero. I am not so sure the part about Grandpa is important. Great job on using correct punctuation. Check your then and than.

    ReplyDelete